I thought it might be fun before I let you know about my latest release, to talk a bit about me! *waves
Many of you lovely readers already know me as an author/lawyer. But I want to share some fun facts about me today. Stuff you might not know. *wink.
So here it goes. A list of funny and/or interesting facts about me!
1) I wish I was fluent in Russian. It's one of those languages I really would love to learn. I'm working on it in my spare time, and am having fun.
2) I collect antiquitarian books specifically fiction books written in the timeframe of the 1880s. I focus on H. Rider Haggard novels, and Jules Verne novels.
3) I loved the Twilight books and novels (DON'T JUDGE ME). Everyone's allowed their guilty pleasure right?
4) You know those Renaissance faires? The ones where people go and dress up and watch jousting matches and stuff? I love to go to those and I do dress up! I actually wear a Tudor era gown, but it's close enough to work I think.here's a pic of me and my bestie Amanda at a Halloween party in law school in Toronto. I'm wearing my gown!
5) My favorite childhood book was Mr. Cat Bakes a Cake. It's a real page-turner
6) My mother's family and my father's family both came from within a 10 mile area of Germany bordering Denmark several hundred years ago. (The irony huh? Who knew they'd both end up meeting in Tulsa centuries later?)
7) I have 3 siblings. Two brothers who both live in LA and work in the Entertainment industry and a sister who lives in Tulsa like me and she teaches French and Spanish.
8) I'm a sucker for old movies. Like seriously. I love the old movie Laura with Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews. If you haven't seen it...you should check it out. It's a film noir classic with a twist!!
9) I love a good bubble bath. Yeah, cliche I know, but I like it. Nothing else better than to relax and catch up on some reading.
10) Scary movies SCARE me. I'm that girl who shuts her eyes through more than half the movie, clinging to some poor guy next to me while even just the sounds make me tremble. I blame the catholic upbringing. I'm more inclined to believe in demons and ghosts lol.
11) I got to meet Elizabeth Smart when she came to Tulsa to give a speech to the Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma.
Now that I've shared that, what questions do you want to ask about me? Now is your chance! Just leave a comment in the box below and I'll answer you!
And last but not least, here's my new release!
The Gilded Cuff
by Lauren Smith
Series: Surrender, #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 10, 2015
Every passion has its price . . .
Journalist Sophie Ryder has been following Emery Lockwood’s story since she was a little girl. There has always been something in his haunted eyes that she couldn't resist and now, when she’s certain he holds the key to solving a string of kidnappings, she’ll do anything to speak to him. Even if it means venturing deep into the seductive world of the Gilded Cuff, a luxurious BDSM club on Long Island’s Gold Coast and Emery’s personal playground.
From the moment Sophie enters his shadowy, sensual domain, Emery Lockwood knows this tantalizing new little sub was meant to belong to him. However, Sophie wants more from Emery than just pleasure . . . she wants his past. And that is something he isn't willing to give—no matter who is asking. But every moment he spends with Sophie, Emery feels his control slipping and he knows it’s only a matter of time before he surrenders to her heart, body, and soul.
He slid his hands up to her wrists then connected his palms to hers. She responded, lacing her fingers through his, squeezing gently. His throat tightened and his eyes burned.
The simple connection—so sweet, so innocent—bound him to her, like a shimmering web spun between them, unbreakable and inescapable. He lifted his head a few inches, needing to see her eyes.
They were luminous, her lashes at half-mast. He was lost. A world of unimaginable beauty existed in the crescent silver of her dreamy gaze. He felt like a man from the ancient world, gazing north at the distant star Polaris, finding his way home by the loyal light that shone there. She saw him, every part of her, her light penetrating the shadows stretching out from his soul. He was open, laid bare before her, a man prostrate before a goddess.
Completely and totally vulnerable.
A tremble racked his shoulders, his muscles clenching and tensing. Then pleasure swept through him. He was in control of this luscious, precious woman. He could take her, give her such ecstasy she’d never recover.
Sophie licked her lips, her breath slightly uneven.
“You have to stop doing that,” she whispered in all seriousness, her nose wrinkling just a little.
He cocked a brow. “Doing what?”
“Kissing me like that.”
“You don’t like the way I kiss?” Her body told him otherwise as he shifted above her, the movement pressing his groin into hers. She raised her hips, seeking him, but the sheet and their clothes kept them worlds apart.
“I like it too much. That’s the problem.”
He rolled his hips again, reveling in the little hiss of frustration she made.
“What else do you like too much?” He dropped his head to her neck and nibbled on the underside of her throat. She shook slightly, her pulse leaping beneath his tongue. She was incredibly responsive and her inexperience made her reactions raw and pure. It was perfect. She was perfect.
“That. That’s definitely too good.” Her response was barely more than a breathless rush of words.
“Good. My sub has pleased me with her honest responses. You’ve earned a reward.” He eased off her and lay down beside her on the bed.
Sophie’s hands fluttered to her wrists, making contact with the gold cuffs.
“What are these?”
Sophie’s lips twitched, even as she narrowed her eyes. “Yeah, I can see that. Why’d you put them on me?”
He propped himself up on one elbow and drew a finger along the sensitive skin of her inner right wrist by the cuff.
“It’s part of our bargain. The cuffs remind you that you are mine.”
“Okay, so what’s my reward for allowing this?”
“You didn’t allow it, Sophie. You surrendered to it. Never think being a submissive is about allowing your dom to do something. You surrender. You give me your power.” Emery cupped her face and held her gaze, forcing her to confront his domination and accept it.
Her eyes—still wild, still free—darkened like a waning moon. “I surrender.”
Click here to join Lauren's Facebook Party to celebrate the release of The Gilded Cuff!
February 15 ~ 6:00pm CST
Sign up for Lauren's Newsletter at www.laurensmithbooks.com
Join Lauren's Street Team: Lauren's League
Join Lauren's Street Team: Lauren's League