Monday, December 31, 2012

Contract Offer and New Years Resolutions




Dear Readers,

What a year this has been! I can scarcely believe it's already come to an end, yet so much has happened.

The best news is that I received a contract offer for publication from Samhain Publishing just after Thanksgiving for the first book in my series The League of Rogues. You can expect to find your own copy of Book 1 of the series titled Godric sometime in January 2014 if all goes well.

I am simply over the moon with excitement to be joining the Samhain team of authors. I have a fantastic editor who loves the series and characters and I can't wait to see what we'll do with the remaining books. If we're lucky, books 2 and 3 of the series will also come out in 2014! As information becomes available I will be sure to post it on my blog and facebook author page.

In other news, my previous literary agent has left the business and now I'm represented by a fantastic agent, Pam van Hylckama Vlieg from the Larsen Pomada Agency. She's absolutely amazing and has recently negotiated my contract with Samhain (we're merely awaiting final paperwork). I am thrilled to be her client and am so excited to work with her on getting new projects out there!

As the year 2012 comes to a close, I have to sit back and be thankful for everything that I have been blessed with this year. I've made some amazing new writing friends and grown closer to older ones. I've been honing my craft and taking workshops to keep improving and working hard at my day job. Needless to say it's been a busy year but I am proud with the results.

My goals for the coming year involve putting out my Romantic Suspense novel on submission, sending a Christmas novella to Carina Press for their 2013 Christmas novella collection and crossing my fingers they'll like it, as well as working on the next two books in my League series. It will be a fun year ahead of me with a brave new world of publishing and writing. I can't wait to dive in and get started!


I'd love to hear from my followers. What have you accomplished this past year? What are your goals for the coming year?  Are you working on something new and exciting? Post an excerpt for the rest of us to read!

1 comment:

  1. This has been a great year for me as well. I have a three book contract with Kensington. All of them will be out in 2013. Here is an excerpt of Lord Beaumont's Bride.

    She was gone when he reached the top of the hill. Beaumont looked out over the valley. A horse and rider were in the north. How had she got that far so quickly? Disgruntled, he turned and rode home. After throwing his reins to a groom, he strode through the doors into the main hall and called to his housekeeper, “Norry!”
    She came out from a parlor. “I’m here, my lord. There’s no reason to shout.”
    “Who lives to the north?”
    “Well, my lord,” she muttered, “if you were here more often, you’d know. It’s a widow lady. I can’t remember her name right off my head. Why?”
    Ignoring Norry’s all too familiar complaint, he pressed for more information. “Does she have any children?”
    The housekeeper narrowed her eyes. “I heard all her children are grown. She moved here after her son married. Now, if you’ll excuse me, my lord, I have work to do.”
    “Norry, let me know if you remember. Especially if it concerns an auburn-haired female.”
    “Master Robert,” she began in a censorious tone, “we’ll have none of your carrying on up here. You leave it in London.” She nodded her head curtly and left.
    Beaumont clenched his jaw and stormed off to his study, cursing the fact that so many of his servants had been with him since childhood, and never let him forget it.

    ReplyDelete